MBA – Master of Business Administration
• 2 year Regular Post Graduate Programme
• Recognized by Government of Karnataka
• Affiliated to Bangalore University
• Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
MBA is one of the most desired Post Graduate programme. Advancing career prospects and job opportunities, it also provides a cutting edge over other programmes. Right from starting one’s own venture, there are multiple career options on completing MBA. An MBA definitely enhances business skills and make one better equipped to a chosen field of profession or career.
The MBA programme is spread across four semesters, covering general subjects in the first year and specialization subjects in the second year. The students will have to choose two areas of specialization (Dual Specialization). The advantage of Dual Specialization is that a student can have a wider array of career opportunities to choose from. Students are counseled appropriately to choose their right stream of elective by team of faculty experts, which will leverage the student talents to gain competitive edge. In order to deliver micro-level domain skills which are not covered in the curriculum, industry experts are invited to fill the gap by conducting rigorous workshops.
I Semester :
• Economics for Managers
• Organizational Behavior
• Accounting for Managers
• Statistics for Managers
• Marketing for Customer Value
• Business & Industry
• Communication Skills
II Semester :
• Technology for Management
• Managerial Research Methods
• Entrepreneurship and Ethics
• Human Capital Management
• Financial Management
• Quantitative Techniques & Operations Research
• Innovative Management
Strategic Management & Corporate Governance
Projects & Operations Management
Mini Project / Internship
Electives/Specializations offered in III & IV Semesters: (Dual Specialization)
• Human Resource
• Health care Management
• Banking Finance & Insurance Services Management (BFIS)
Start-ups & SMEs Management
• Internship / Dissertation
The students are also exposed to two projects – an Internship at the end of the Second semester and a Research Project (Dissertation in specialization area) at the end of third semester. This acts as an excellent opportunity to students to have an interface with the Industry.
Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management (PGDRM) :
The post graduate diploma in Retail Management program has evolved through conscious efforts of executives with a specific aim of meeting the training needs of the growing Retail Industry in India. It will cover training on various required skills such as communication skills, Behavioral skills, Personality Development, Customer Relationship Management skills, basic skills & computer operational skills. While gaining this knowledge the student will also be trained to develop a well groomed personality, develop communication skills and understand business communication and culture. The student will also undergo behavioral training in areas such as time management, stress management, selling skills etc.,
The students graduating from this course can find rewarding careers in the Retail Industry in areas of Marketing, IT, Human Resource Development, Operations Management, Health, Insurance sector and the like.
· A graduate degree under 10+2+3or10+2+4 pattern under any discipline securing at least 40% marks in aggregate including languages from a recognized university.
· Honours degree under 10+2+4 pattern from a recognized university under UGC Act having at least 40% marks in aggregate including languages.
· Selection is based on the merit obtained in the Entrance test followed by Personal interview
DURATION OF THE COURSE
· The course is spread over two semesters of five months each for a period of one year.
· The first semester provides the basic foundation to management and the second semester focus on different facets of retail management.
The curriculum concentrates on general Management aimed to ensure that the program is in tune with the times, contemporary in content and practice oriented in pedagogical approach.